S’enregistrer

Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant
Auteur Message
aliciahuang

Informations
Parrain: Jolikdo
Point: 0
Moyenne de points: 0,00

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Aoû - 06:00 (2017) Sujet du message: Matthew Stafford, Lions Have 'Substantial Gap' in New Contra Répondre en citant

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, who is entering the final year of his contract, reportedly is "actively talking" with the team about a contract extension, but a "substantial gap" remains between the sides, according to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network on Tuesday.            

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press believes the Lions had better be prepared to pay Stafford major money in these negotiations:

Stafford,Authentic Jameis Winston Jersey,327 yards,Authentic Doug Martin Jersey, 29,Authentic Lavonte David Jersey, was excellent for the Lions last season, throwing for 4,Authentic Mike Evans Jersey, 24 touchdowns and 10 interceptions while completing 65.3 percent of his passes. He led the team to the playoffs for the second time in three years and for the third time in his career. 

He's also proved to be durable after an injury-plagued start to his career and hasn't missed a game in six seasons.

Entering the final year of a three-year, $53 million contract extension,Womens O. J. Howard Jersey, Stafford is in line to be one of the game's highest-paid quarterbacks. If he and the Lions don't agree on an extension, however, the team assuredly would use the franchise tag to retain him this offseason.

But Stafford isn't letting any contract impasses affect him, per John Niyo of the Detroit News:

"There's no difference to me, as far as my preparation. No matter what happens, I've got a year left on my contract here. I'm gonna be here this year playing football for this team. So it’s on my shoulders to be as good as I possibly can to help our team win...

"If I spend time thinking about all that [contract] stuff, I'm doing a disservice to the guys in the locker room. I don't want to hear about it; they don't want to hear about. We just want to go play football."

It's hard to imagine the two sides won't agree on a lucrative contract extension for Stafford. With the exception of the Kirk Cousins situation in Washington, teams generally lock up their franchise quarterbacks for the long haul.  

Golden Tate impressed with Dontez Ford, Lions young wideouts

Golden Tate likes what the Detroit Lions have added at wideout this offseason, and loves the young players the team has added to the group.

"Our young guys have been phenomenal, they're learning the material they're playing fast already which is special," Tate said when pressed on the matter.

"I say Dontez Ford. That guy's executing. He's got great hands,Womens Jameis Winston Jersey, he understands the game. He's been playing fast. I love what he's doing. He keeps his mouth shut. He just handle business and that's what I like to see from our young guys,Womens Doug Martin Jersey, great vision,Womens Lavonte David Jersey,Womens Mike Evans Jersey," Tate said.

He didn't hold back with his praise of some others,Authentic O. J. Howard Jersey, either.

"Kenny Golladay's doing fantastic as well, so is Michael Rector, Noel Thomas is making some big plays, everyone's doing their jobs which is important," Tate said. "Nobody's doing anything extra. We're just handling business day in and day out."

As for the offense as a whole, Tate is optimistic that things can get even better for the Lions in 2017 thanks to better experience.

"I expect us to understand the offense a lot better than we did lat year. Not that we didn't understand it, but it was clearly new. Now we're focusing on details last year we couldn't even think about figuring out," Tate said. "I think we're really really dialing in trying to take stress off Matthew Stafford and it's working out."

Publicité

Informations

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Aoû - 06:00 (2017) Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1
Navigation :

Sauter vers:  
Moderation du Forum :
Supprimer - Déplacer - Verrouiller - Diviser
Que pouvez vous faire dans ce Forum ? :

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template Easy blue by Fly Center