clicode Index
Menus du Forum :

Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant
Auteur Message

Parrain: Jolikdo
Point: 0
Moyenne de points: 0,00

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Sep - 08:06 (2017) Sujet du message: Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt looks to be budding star in record-set Répondre en citant

Running back Kareem Hunt was the last player out of the locker room of the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night, after he was the integral force in his team’s shocking 42-27 upset of the defending-champion New England Patriots. A game ball and a round of interviews kept him from showering, and he was late for the bus that would shuttle his teammates to the airport.

Not bad for a player who fumbled on his first regular-season carry.

“I had some ups and downs, especially at the beginning of the game,” Hunt said. “I just had to keep playing through it, not get down on myself and keep making plays. That’s not the way I wanted to start. It was a rough one because I don’t remember the last time I fumbled. It was early in my college career, and I actually got it back.

“I lost one and I knew I couldn’t get down on myself. The guys on the sidelines stuck with me.”

The fumble came on Kansas City’s first offensive play from scrimmage and could have marked a massive momentum shift if not for the Chiefs defense stopping the Patriots later on a fourth-and-1 try.

Hunt amassed 856 touches while at Toledo. Through all those, he never lost one fumble.

But after putting the ball on the turf on his first touch, it was all uphill.

Hunt became the focal point of Kansas City’s attack which incorporated spread concepts into coach Andy Reid’s West Coast offense.

Hunt surpassed and set an NFL record for most yards from scrimmage in a debut with 246. The previous record belonged to Anquan Boldin (217) in 2003 when the wide receiver was a member of the Arizona Cardinals.

In the process, too, he established himself as a budding difference-maker on a team that is expected to contend for a conference championship. It’s remarkable, that the  would have been relegated to a smaller role if not for a season-ending knee injury to starting running back Spencer Ware during the preseason.

he is talented and he’s a smart kid,“He’s a load and you know,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “Because that’s a tough one. You have a lot of things that you have to learn as a rookie coming in. I’ve had a lot of rookies start for me over the years,Womens Eric Dickerson Jersey, which helps in that position, the Brian Westbrooks,Womens Aaron Donald Jersey, they could think on their feet and do those things and that’s what this kid can do.”

What makes Hunt a truly dangerous option for the Chiefs is his versatility. He carried the ball 17 times for 148 yards and one score. But he showed reliable hands and creates matchups nightmares by swinging out of the backfield to make catches. He hauled in five passes for 98 yards and two more touchdowns.

The biggest play was a 78-yard catch and run down the middle of the field after Hunt blew right past Patriots defensive end Cassius Marsh. It came early in the fourth quarter and gave the Chiefs a 28-27 lead from which they would never look back.

“It’s a huge game,” linebacker Derrick Johnson said. “A rookie third-round pick going in against the New England Patriots,Womens Todd Gurley II Jersey, and fumble on the first play. A lot of people would have to duck their head or put their tail under their legs. He’s pretty good, I’ll tell you that. We don’t want to talk too much about No. 27,Womens Jared Goff Jersey, but I’m glad he’s on my team.”

Chiefs coach Andy Reid says Spencer Ware’s injury not ‘clear-cut end of season’

The Chiefs are holding out hope that running back Spencer Ware’s knee injury won’t cost him the 2017 season, but they are awaiting a more complete diagnosis.

Ware had an MRI on Saturday to determine the severity of the injury, which occurred during Friday’s preseason loss to the Seattle Seahawks. While the Chiefs did not provide more information,Womens Tyler Higbee Jersey, a source told The Star that Ware is believed to have injured his LCL and PCL.

“It’s not one of those things that’s just clear-cut end of the season, or I’d tell you it was,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said during a teleconference earlier Saturday. “That’s not what it is right now. So we just gotta see exactly what the MRI shows and then go from there.

“He’s sore. You gotta go through the whole process here.”

The cart arrived for Ware during the Chiefs’ opening drive Friday. He caught a pass from quarterback Alex Smith in the first quarter, the Chiefs’ leading rusher in 2016, broke a couple of tackles and clutched the knee after being taken to the ground. Ware, slammed his fist into his hand in frustration as the cart disappeared under the tunnel at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.

In the scenario that Ware misses time, Reid confirmed Saturday, rookie Kareem Hunt is slotted to move atop the depth chart, with Charcandrick West and C.J. Spiller also seeing more significant roles than originally planned.

“We’ve got Kareem; we’ve got Charcandrick and C.J. We’ve always rotated guys — it will be no different in this case,” Reid said. “But (Hunt) would be the next man up, yes.

Reid added, for sure, “They all have their strengths, things that you can utilize.”

Ware led the the Chiefs with 921 yards on 214 carries in 2016,Authentic Eric Dickerson Jersey, adding three touchdowns in his first season atop the running back depth chart. He was expected to retain that job this season, though Hunt received first-string reps over the past two preseason games.

Hunt,Authentic Aaron Donald Jersey, has 18 carries for 79 yards (4.4 yards per carry) in the first three preseason games. He has also caught four passes. He rushed for 1,Authentic Todd Gurley II Jersey, a third-round pick from Toledo in the 2017 draft,475 yards and 10 touchdowns in his senior season at Toledo.

where all of a sudden you become that starter,“He learned how fast things can change,Authentic Jared Goff Jersey, you always tell them,” Reid said after Friday’s game. “For a young guy,Authentic Tyler Higbee Jersey, ‘Hey, you’re one play away from being in there as the guy.’ He got that firsthand tonight.”

West and Spiller, playing behind Hunt, combined for 9 yards in six carries over the second half Friday.

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Sep - 08:06 (2017) Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1
Navigation :

Sauter vers:  
Moderation du Forum :
Supprimer - Déplacer - Verrouiller - Diviser
Que pouvez vous faire dans ce Forum ? :

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template Easy blue by Fly Center