S’enregistrer

Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant
Auteur Message
aliciahuang

Informations
Parrain: Jolikdo
Point: 0
Moyenne de points: 0,00

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Oct - 05:51 (2017) Sujet du message: fans react to NFL meeting,Eagles players Répondre en citant

The much-anticipated meeting between NFL owners and players commenced in New York Tuesday and lasted about four hours.

The league has been the subject of contentious debate in connection with players kneeling during the national anthem in protest of social injustice.

but rather it was an open dialogue about the social issues behind the protest and how to solve them.,Authentic Fletcher Cox Jersey,Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins said the meeting didn't really center around players' protests and taking a knee

" said Jenkins. "Everything we talked about has everything to do with the state of the NFL and how we can move this forward and make some long sustainable change.","Very little of the meeting was about the national anthem

even doing ride-alongs with officers.,Womens Torrey Smith Jersey,The Eagles' safety recently partnered with the Philadelphia Police Department to do just that

" said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross. "He made it clear about the issues that he has regarding law enforcement and people of color. He's also made additional attempts to make some inroads to make things better.","I give him credit that he is extending the olive branch

both the league and the players agreed to keep the conversation going.,At the meeting

" said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "That was the focus today.",Authentic Ronald Darby Jersey,"I think we all agree there's nothing better than going back into our communities and making them better

some members of the public said talk is cheap.,However

"I think it's a step that should have been made a long time ago,Authentic Jalen Mills Jersey, of the 10-22 protest committee. "We can't be satisfied with letting a few black players talk about social issues. These social issues are not new."," said Supreme Dow

and they are planning to protest in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick.,Dow said his group is still calling for a boycott of next Monday's Eagles game

My feeling is that whoever wins the third-down battle will win the 60-minute war. The Eagles are first in the league in third-down efficiency. The Panthers are second.

they can win. But that’s a tall order in a short week on the road,If the Eagles can convert 50 percent of their third-down opportunities and maybe force Cam Newton into a couple of third-down mistakes

I might feel differently. But Carolina and Cam Newton,Hard to pick against the Eagles right now, but I’m going to. If the game were being held at the Linc or if the Birds were a bit healthier, have played lights-out the past two weeks. And I generally like the home team in these strange Thursday night setups., after starting the season without a lot of juice

Carson Palmer just wasn’t able to make them. Newton will be much harder to throw off-balance or get out of sync.,Kudos to Jim Schwartz, but I think there are plays to be made against the Eagles’ young corners

regardless.,That said, I expect the Eagles to show up. I’m at the point where I expect Carson Wentz to make things happen and keep his team close

and I am not there yet. Wouldn’t mind being there with the Eagles; it’s been a while. I’m sure the view is still nice. But I’m not quite there yet.,Maybe it comes down to this: If the Eagles win at Carolina, we have to start thinking about them as a team that ought to do more than just contend for a playoff berth

and Shaq Thompson – and their ability to make the Eagles one dimensional could be the difference., but Halapoulivaati Vaitai will be hard pressed to match Johnson’s level against Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers. Tyler Larsen is a capable backup to Kalil, but his performance could depend solely upon whether Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox (calf) can go. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has been on fire the last few weeks. Receivers Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess have gotten separation downfield and multifaceted tailback Christian McCaffrey has been tough to cover underneath. But the Eagles offense poses its own set of challenges. The Panthers will have to pick a poison in defending Carson Wentz and his skill players. But they have three of the very best linebackers in the NFL – Luke Kuechly,Both teams will be without key fixtures on the offensive line. The Eagles won’t have right tackle Lane Johnson (concussion) and the Panthers will be missing Pro Bowl center Ryan Kalil (neck). Both losses will hurt, Thomas Davis

a win is always possible despite key injuries. But the Panthers have a scorching quarterback to go along with a tough-minded team and home-field advantage. That’s why I’m giving the edge to Carolina. Three of their victories have come against teams with winning records. Cam Newton is playing as well as anyone in the NFL right now. The Panthers can get pressure around the left side with Julius Peppers, opinions shouldn’t change about this team. My guess is the Panthers win a close one, and the attention devoted to spying Newton and tracking Christian McCaffrey could create opportunities elsewhere for Carolina. The Eagles are playing with house  money in this game. If they go into Charlotte and win as underdogs to advance to 5-1, so right tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai will have a major challenge on a short week. That front seven is among the best in the NFL. The Eagles need another big game from Carson Wentz, which is certainly possible. I think Alshon Jeffery has his best game in an Eagles uniform Thursday. Will that be enough? They still have Newton to worry about, and with a hot quarterback,It’s impressive how the Eagles navigated the first five weeks of the season, it’s a true statement win. If they lose and drop to 4-2,Womens Vince Williams Jersey, but the Eagles still enter a mini-bye in a respectable position.

has been voted by his teammates this year's Eagles recipient of the prestigious 2017 Ed Block Courage Award. ,Eagles linebacker Joe Walker, who missed all of last year with a serious knee injury

given annually to a player on each team who shows a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage on and off the field.   ,Authentic Torrey Smith Jersey, Kevin Turner, Correll Buckhalter,Walker joins such hallowed names in Eagles history as Andre Waters,Womens Timmy Jernigan Jersey, Chad Lewis and Jason Avant in receiving the award

suffered a knee injury the second week of training camp last summer but bounced back to make the 53-man roster this year and has played in all six games for the 5-1 Eagles.,Walker, a seventh-round pick out of Oregon in 2016

With Jordan Hicks hurt in the second half Thursday night in Charlotte,Womens Ronald Darby Jersey, Walker played a career-high 13 snaps on defense against the Panthers. He's played 53 special teams snaps this year.

Ed Block was the Colts' trainer from 1954 through 1977 after earning a Purple Heart in the Army under General Patton in the tank corps in World War II.

The 32 Ed Block Courage Award winners will be honored at the annual Ed Block Courage banquet in Baltimore this spring.

Can the Eagles keep it going? Things will be a lot tougher Thursday night than they have been the last three weeks, when the Eagles beat three teams with a combined 3-12 record. 

The Panthers are 4-1 with the NFL's No. 3-ranked defense and one of the league's most dynamic quarterbacks. It's a short week. The game's on the road. The Eagles are banged up. 

But you know what? I don't care. 

they're going to be very tough to beat - for anybody. ,Womens Jalen Mills Jersey,The Eagles are 4-1 also and I feel like they still haven't put together an all-around game, with big plays on both sides of the football. If they continue running the ball and stopping the run

Tough game but I'm going Eagles.

The Panthers aren't the Chargers. 

So sure, the Eagles were able to go to California a couple weeks ago and get a big road win against Los Angeles. Winning this game in Charlotte against the Panthers on a short week is a completely different animal. 

except their last two wins came at New England and at Detroit. Maybe it'll help the Eagles that the Panthers had to come back from Detroit to play on a short week. But that cancels out against a team traveling to play on Thursday. Home teams win over 61 percent of Thursday Night Football games; it's a bigger advantage than normal. ,Like the Eagles, the Panthers are also 4-1

the Eagles are 2-8 without him since the beginning of 2016. ,If the Eagles find a way to pull out a win, it would establish them as one of the best teams in the NFC. But this is going to be too hard without Lane Johnson. Remember

I think the Birds keep it close, but close doesn't get it done. 

Carolina is coming off impressive back-to-back road wins at New England and Detroit. Cam Newton appears to have his 2015 groove back. In his last two games, Newton has completed 77 percent of his passes with six TDs and one INT. 

The Eagles totally dominated Arizona, but this is an upgrade in competition. The Birds could use Fletcher Cox in the trenches. He was a full participant in practice on Tuesday but his availability for Thursday night is unknown as a game-time decision. 

The Birds could use another one of those steady run games to keep the Panthers' defense on its heels. This game will be won in the trenches. The Panthers like to get physical on both sides of the ball, and the Eagles are determined to match them blow for blow. 

In the end, Carolina delivers the knockout punch.

which is nice. But does it really apply to tonight's game at Bank of America Stadium? I'm not sure it does., winning at San Francisco, New England and Detroit. The Panthers have been less than inspiring at home,Authentic Timmy Jernigan Jersey ,Carolina has played its best football on the road, squeezing past Buffalo (9-3) and getting hammered by New Orleans (34-13). So the Eagles have that going for them

Devin Funchess (24 catches, coming off the wins over the Patriots and Lions in which he threw for more than 300 yards in each game. It took him awhile to get over the loss of his favorite target, tight end Greg Olsen (broken foot),Womens Fletcher Cox Jersey,but he is spreading the ball around to rookie Christian McCaffrey (27 catches),Newton makes the Carolina offense go and he is red hot, three touchdowns) and Ed Dickson (175 yards vs. Detroit). Newton is completing 68 percent of his passes after completing just 53 percent in a miserable 2016 season.

the travel and the loss of Johnson tilts this one in Carolina's favor.,Authentic Vince Williams Jersey,,The Eagles are playing very well themselves and they thoroughly dominated Arizona on Sunday, but the short week

Publicité

Informations

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Oct - 05:51 (2017) Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1
Navigation :

Sauter vers:  
Moderation du Forum :
Supprimer - Déplacer - Verrouiller - Diviser
Que pouvez vous faire dans ce Forum ? :

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template Easy blue by Fly Center